Reviews from Tropicana Atlantic City Guests
All of the reviews featured on our website are provided by guests who have stayed at Tropicana Atlantic City and took the time to share their experience with us. Reviews are provided on a voluntary basis. The views expressed are their personal opinions and not necessarily those of Tropicana management or staff.
5 out of 5 stars, April 15th, 2019
This place has everything you'll need to have a good time out. Great restaurants, shopping, casino, comedy club and movie theater to name a few! We had a blast!!
"Our Place to Go"
5 out of 5 stars, Apr 20th, 2019
Go every year with family. I have gone the last 5 years and have still not visited the complete boardwalk. It's fantastic. So much to see and do!
Trip Advisor Reviews
"My Home Away From Home"
I've visited every casino hotel in Atlantic City, and Tropicana is my favorite. I call it my "Home Away From Home" for the following reasons:
1. The Adult-Only pool at the Chelsea Tower. This is my favorite pool in Atlantic City. The pool is always clean. The servers are kind and attentive. And best of all -- it is outdoors and has a nice view of the ocean.
2. The casino. I love the slot machines here. I can gamble for hours with the money I bring with me. The atmosphere here is upbeat and lively. I usually end up doing very well here, attracting a large crowd to cheer me on. Even the security guards clap and cheer me on while my slot machine continues to pay out.
3. The rooms. I've stayed in all 5 towers at the Trop. If I want to be near the excitement and clubs, I will stay at the West Tower. If I want to gamble all night, I will choose the South Tower, where the casino is only a few feet away.
4. The bars. The Trop has an endless strip of bars and nightclubs. I've been to them all. It's very convenient when I can spend all night bar-hopping and being part of all the action.
5. The restaurants. So many to choose from. I've dined at all of Trop's restaurants, and they are all my favorite.
6. The employees. Everyone who works here is very friendly. The security, the front desk personnel, and the waitresses. They all know me by name. It's good to be at a place where the employees treat you like family.
7. The comps. I've been a member at all the other A.C. casinos, and none compare to The Trop. I even became a member at the new casinos that opened last year in A.C., and Tropicana's comps are unrivaled.
Keep up the good work, Tropicana. And I will continue to treat your establishment as my second home.
Dee M - Lacey Township, NJ
5 out of 5 stars, Reviewed January 23rd, 2019
This review is about the Chelsea Tower part of the Trop. Got a comp room there on a freezing cold temps in single digit night. We decided to do valet parking cause I didn't wanna freeze my asset off in a drafty parking garage with luggage. Check in was easy and our room was clean, well presented and the elevators were super quick to arrive!
What I really liked about this Trop tower was how close it is to the casino floor. Unlike the other towers where you have to walk through the super pedestrian busy Quarter, at the Chelsea tower you walk along the enclosed and selfie worthy (especially at night) skywalk and down the escalator right into the middle of the casino. It's the BEST tower to stay in here if you don't want that long ass walk past the restaurants and stores.
Yeah definitely 5 stars. Bed was comfy, no stray hairs, no dirty areas, free WiFi and fluffy towels.
Sandra R. - Long Island City, Queens, NY
5 out of 5 stars, Reviewed January 22nd, 2019
Guess who had a blast. "I did". This is my all time favorite place to be when I have time off from work. It's not really for the gambling but the atmosphere. The rooms are wonderful and clean.
I especially love how there are options for food and entertainment.
Can't wait to go back.
Tennissia G. -Tampa, FL
5 out of 5 stars, Reviewed June 19th, 2018
This Hotel host my annual conference each year. Year after year, the Tropicana never cease to amaze me. They provide Stellar service and you are treated well. If there is an issue, it is resolved immediately. The banquet food is excellent. The ballrooms are always clean and well maintained. The bathrooms are clean several times a day to accommodate the large amount of traffic the conference brings each year.
The rooms are nice and spacious and the bathrooms are adequately stocked. If any additional items are needed, guest services will accommodate you at any hour. There is room service available. There are over 25 different restaurants to choose from serving different cuisines. Whether you'd like an upscale dining experience or a fast food experience, the Tropicana can accommodate both. If fresh air is what you need, this hotel sits on the Atlantic City Boardwalk for your convenience. I highly recommend this hotel for both business and personal travel.
Restaurant & Bar Reviews
Yelp, il Verdi, Bob Z., Brick, NJ
5 out of 5 stars, March 31st, 2019
First timers,very pleased!!! spent most of our time out at the 3 casinos by the marina and recently switched over to the Boardwalk Trop/Hard Rock looking for a upscale restaurant with good food and service...stopped in this past Friday food was very good, apps to entree...the lighting, decor, and low noise level made for a pleasurable experience...also, for anyone who dines in the casinos would know many restaurants do not offer their own restroom in this case they do, very convenient...we were served by Loretta and we both agreed after having worked in Manhattan and lived in northern NJ for many years frequenting numerous fine restaurants, Loretta is one of the most professional and pleasant individuals we have ever had the pleasure of meeting...nothing was to much and if we requested dishes other than what was listed on the menu she would look into it and gladly provide if possible...the entire staff was very pleasant and professional...will be returning again soon looking and forward to it.
Yelp, Whiskey 5 Bar, Scott P., West Berlin, NJ
5 out of 5 stars, December 9th, 2018
This review is not for the Tropicana but rather for Whiskey Five Bar - located where the old Chelsea used to be. This place is a hidden gem. Fantastic, expertly crafted cocktails and our bartender was awesome. It's rare that I don't regret dropping $12 on a cocktail, but the old fashioned here is the best I've ever had. Outstanding. Shot some pool and relaxed and had a great time. Felt like a different and far removed world from the neon lights and stage 4 cancer smoke in the rest of the casino. Classy joint but not pretentious in any way. Looks like they have a nice outdoor area when the weather is nice. If I return to the Tropicana this will be the top spot on my list. Bizarre that I couldn't find this place on yelp, hence why I posted on the Tropicana yelp, but I wanted to make sure I gave it an appropriate shot out.