Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, here are answers to commonly asked questions about Tropicana Atlantic City.
1. WHAT TIME IS HOTEL CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT? MAY I CHECK IN EARLY?
You may check in any time after 4:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday and 5:00 p.m. on Sundays. You are welcome to check with the front desk upon your arrival to see if accommodations are available. An early check in fee may be applied. Standard check-out time is 11:00 a.m. After you have surrendered your room keys at check-out, you can store your luggage at Bell Services.
2. WHAT ARE THE HOTEL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Room rates are based on double occupancy, and effective September 9, 2020, room reservations are subject to a $27 daily resort fee, $5.00 daily occupancy fee and 13.625% tax per room. Resort fee includes: Basic in-room internet access for 2 devices daily, All local calls, and a $5 voucher for use toward self-parking. If you alter your arrival/departure date rates are subject to change. Early departures will result in additional fees applied at check out. Credit card required at time of check-in for $50 per night security deposit. No Cash Deposit. Security Deposit hold will release 5-7 business days after check-out. The length of release time is based on your credit card company. Debit cards may take longer to release the hold. Must be 21 years of age to check in and must present valid state issued photo identification. Bed type, smoking preference and other requests are noted but are not guaranteed and will be honored on a space-available basis. Each adult guest must be registered with proper identification. Hotel key will be required to access hotel guest elevators. There will be a charge of $25 per person per day charge for a third and fourth person in the room. Maximum number of guests in each room is 4. Cots available for king bed room types at an additional charge of $25.00 per day. Regardless of billing or master account arrangements, you are liable for any and all charges posted to your room(s). You are further liable for all damages to the room(s) caused by you or your guests/invitees during your stay. Should you require a smoking optional floor, please inform the front desk. Should you choose to stay on a non-smoking floor, and there is evidence of smoking in your room you will incur a minimum deep cleaning fee of $250 charged to your account. Pets are not permitted. Groups of 10 rooms or more, please call 1-800-843-8767 and ask for the Hotel Sales Department. (just stating sales department, guests may be transferred to various departments) Only personal coolers no larger than 12” x 12” will be permitted in the hotel. Excessive amounts of food and beverage may not be brought into the hotel. Any type of alcoholic beverages being transported up to a guest room or suite in excess of two six packs or one or two bottles of alcohol is not permitted. No cases of beer or alcohol will be permitted up to a guest room. Your Email Address may be used by Tropicana to notify you of Discounts, Promotions, and Internet Only Offers. If you do not wish to receive offers, please notify Tropicana Casino and Resort in writing or Opt Out when you receive an email. Tropicana will not share any information regarding a customer’s account with vendors outside the Tropicana Atlantic City.
3. HOW MUCH IS THE RESORT FEE THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ROOM?
$27 resort fee plus tax will apply per day per room.
4. HOW MUCH IS THE TAX ON A HOTEL ROOM?
Hotel rooms in Atlantic City are taxed at 13.625%. There is an additional Occupancy tax of $5 per day per room.
5. WHAT FORMS OF ID ARE ACCEPTED TO CHECK IN TO TROPICANA?
A valid state-issued ID, military ID, and passport.
6. WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT ARE ACCEPTED?
American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
7. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE TO SECURE ROOM RESERVATIONS?
All guests 21 years of age and older may secure reservations. You must be 21 or older with valid state ID to enter the casino floor.
8. WHAT IS THE CURRENT PARKING TARIFF AT TROPICANA?
Daily parking tariff is posted at the entrance of each self-park garage and valet entrance.
9. ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH MY ROOM RESERVATION?
All guest rooms are subject to taxes and resort fees.
10. CAN I RESERVE A SPECIFIC ROOM TYPE?
Requests can be made at the time of reservation. Every attempt will be made to honor room requests at check in but are based on availability.
11. HOW LATE CAN MY RESERVATION BE HELD? WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Reservations are guaranteed until 10 p.m. on your arrival date. Cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival. Non-canceled reservations will be charged one full night room and tax. Valid cancellation number required for refunds.
12. DO YOU HAVE A POOL AND EXERCISE FACILITY?
Yes. Use of our indoor pool is complimentary for registered guests. Our exercise facility is available to registered guests at a rate of $10.00 per day. There is also three seasonal outdoor pools which, weather permitting, is available for our registered guests.
13. HOW DO I GET DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO TROPICANA?
Please see the Getting Here section of this website.
14. IS THERE A CHARGE FOR ADDITIONAL GUESTS TO STAY IN OUR ASSIGNED ROOMS?
There will be a charge of $25 per person per day charge for a third and fourth person in the room. Maximum number of guests in each room is 4. Cots available for king bed room types only at an additional charge of $25.00 per day.
15. CAN CHILDREN STAY FOR FREE AT THE TROPICANA?
Children under 18 years of age may stay for free. Click here for more Family Fun!
16. DO YOU OFFER HOTEL ROOM PACKAGES?
Tropicana does offer room packages, which can be found in the Hotel section of this website.
17. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL??
Yes, Tropicana offers the below discounts for military personnel:
- 15% discount off the current room rack rate, valid Sunday through Friday.
- Free Self parking – Present your Veteran’s card or your active Duty ID at the Caesars Rewards desk and receive a Free Parking Pass
- 20% of all services at Sea Spa in the Chelsea Tower, excluding Saturdays.
Military identification required at check-in to receive discount.
18. DOES THE TROPICANA HAVE A CAR RENTAL AGENCY ON-SITE?
We do not have a car rental agency in the hotel. However, you may check with the area airports for car rental information, or you may check online for the national car rental services.
19. WHERE CAN TICKETS BE PICKED UP?
The Tropicana Box Office is in the North Tower Lobby 1st floor
20. HOW DO YOU GET COMP TICKETS FOR CLUB MEMBERS WHO QUALIFY?
Complimentaries are based on play. You must join Caesars Rewards to qualify. Use your card when you play, and invitations will be sent to you.
21. WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF TROPICANA’S BOX OFFICE?
The Imax Box Office is open 7 days a week. Opens at 11:30 am and closes 30 minutes after the start of the last scheduled movie show time of the day. The Casino Box Office is only open on days when there is a performance scheduled in the Showroom. On these days, it opens at 4pm and closes 30 minutes after the scheduled performance begins.
22. HOW OFTEN DOES THE MENU CHANGE AT THE FIESTA BUFFET?
The menu, which consists of nine different stations, changes every 15 days.
23. WHAT TYPES OF GOURMET RESTAURANTS DOES YOUR CASINO HAVE?
We have seven fine-dining restaurants: Olon (Seafood), Golden Dynasty (Chinese), Il Verdi (Italian), Carmine’s (Italian), Cuba Libre (Cuban), Palm Restaurant (Steakhouse), P.F. Chang’s (Chinese).
24. WHERE CAN I FIND A LIST OF TROPICANA NIGHTLIFE INFORMATION & ENTERTAINMENT?
25. IS ROOM SERVICE AVAILABLE AND WHEN?
Room service is available Sunday, Monday and Thursday 7am-10pm, Friday and Saturday 7am-11pm and offers a full menu, including delivery to hospitality suites.
26. IS PRIVATE CATERING AVAILABLE FOR EVENTS?
We offer a full-service Catering Department that will help you plan your event from start to finish. Rated the best in the city, our Catering staff awaits your call.
27. WHERE IS SMOKING PERMITTED IN TROPICANA’S CASINO?
Tropicana offers four well-ventilated smoking lounges conveniently located throughout the casino. Smoking is also permitted on 25% of the casino floor.
28. WHERE DO I REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
Registration takes place two hours before each tournament at the tournament podium, which is centrally located in the Poker Room. Registration will remain open until the start of the event.
29. CAN I PRE-REGISTER OR REGISTER BY PHONE?
Registration for all tourney events must be done in person and paid for in cash.
30. DO I NEED A PLAYER’S CARD TO ENTER INTO A TOURNAMENT?
Yes. All participants must have a Trop Poker Club Card in order to register. If you do not have one, simply ask us for an application, and the card is ready within minutes! Poker cards must be transacted in person. Bring ID.
31. IS THERE A FEE FOR YOUR CLUB CARD?
The card is free to all players!
32. HOW LONG ARE THE DAILY TOURNAMENTS?
Each tournament differs in length. On average, our tourneys are 5 to 8 hours long.
33. WHAT IS A REBUY?
A rebuy gives players the opportunity to get back into the tournament. The cost to rebuy is the same as the buy-in. Chip qualifier: Players must be at or below the original chip issuance amount.
34. WHAT IS AN ADD-ON?
One add-on is allowed at the end of the third round. It allows players to increase their chips and stay in the tournament longer. The cost to add-on is the same dollar amount as the buy-in. There are no chip qualifications.
35. HOW LONG ARE THE TOURNAMENT ROUNDS?
The tournament rounds are 20 to 30 minutes long. The limits or blinds increase with each round.
36. WHAT ARE THE STARTING BLINDS AND LIMITS?
On Wednesday and Friday No Limit Hold ’em tourneys, the blinds start at $25 and $50. On all other No Limit tourneys, they start at $25 and $25.
37. IF I PLAY TOURNAMENTS, DOES THAT QUALIFY ME FOR THE POKER RATE?
Tournament play is not rated. To qualify for the poker rate, players must average a minimum of four hours or more on any live poker game prior to getting a poker reservation.
38. HOW MANY SPOTS ARE PAID WINNERS?
For tournaments with 49 or fewer participants, the last 5 players are paid. For tournaments with 50 to 119 participants, the last table wins (8 players in Stud, and 9 players in Hold ’em). In tournaments with 120 or more participants, the last two tables are place winners.
39. HOW DO I GET INVITED TO THE FREE ROLL TOURNAMENT?
Players who played 30 hours or more, in one month, on any live poker game, are invited to the Monthly Invitational Tournament. The free roll tournament is held every last Monday of the month.
40. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE TROPICANA GIFT CARDS?
Purchase gift cards at the front desk located on the first floor of the South Tower. Tropicana Gift Cards can be redeemed for overnight stays at Tropicana as well as dining, shopping, and entertainment throughout the property, including The Quarter and Sea Spa in the Chelsea Tower.