What’s Happening this Summer at Tropicana Atlantic City
For Immediate ReleaseThu, May 16, 2019
Tropicana Atlantic City will offer more entertainment this summer
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (May 16, 2019) – Tropicana Atlantic City is making a splash in the market this summer with promotions, headline entertainment, culinary experiences and eye-catching displays.
“We are eager for summer to be underway at Tropicana” said Jason Gregorec, General Manager, Tropicana Atlantic City. “Guests can expect to find a diverse range of entertainment options at our property, including the return of guest favorites as well as the introduction of new offerings.”
The Boardwalk Block Party Celebration, Saturday, May 25 from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. will launch a summer of fun at Tropicana Memorial Day Weekend. The free, family friendly evening will feature a live DJ, a Boogie Nights crew performance, acts by a stilt walker and magician, promotional giveaways and samples, a Multimedia Light and Sound Show, and a Fireworks display by Grucci.
Tropicana’s nightlife has prepared a variety of events and happy hours sure to please. Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck will host the first ever Boogie Daze, Friday June 21. Free and open to the public, guests are encouraged to come out and celebrate the official start of summer with the Boogie Nights Crew, including Mr. Boogie, Mirror Man and Hula Girl! Enjoy drink specials, the chance to win a VIP booth at Boogie Nights and other giveaways.
The rooftop deck will offer more than a place to cool off as guests bask in the sun with the introduction of Sundown at Cabana Five. Extending the entire summer season, Thursday through Sunday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Cabana Five will offer an all new upscale happy hour. Featuring comfortable seating and a fire pit, guests can enjoy a calming breeze from the ocean while taking in the scenic views. Sundown at Cabana Five is the perfect spot to sip a cocktail and enjoy light bites before dinner or the night out.
After the sun has set, the party will begin at Tropicana’s nightclubs. In honor of Kiss Kiss Nightclub’s third anniversary, Grammy Award-Winning Artist, Mýa, will perform live Saturday, June 22. Boogie Nights, the ultimate 70’s & 80’s dance club, has composed an extensive calendar of performers and themed evenings. Continue to check the Boogie Nights page on Tropicana’s website for updates and announcements.
Player favorite, the Winning Ticket promotion, will return May 31 – September 8. TROP ADVANTAGE® members will receive one free ticket for the Winning Ticket promotion through any comp machine on property. Players can choose their own lucky numbers or select a quick pick option that will randomly assign six numbers and a bonus ball. A Zoom Ball machine in Palm Walk will conduct five drawings daily at 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. On Fridays and Saturdays, an extra drawing will be held at 11:00 p.m. Any TROP ADVANTAGE® member, who has picked his/her “Winning Ticket” number, will have five chances to win daily and can win prizes from $25.00 Bonus Slot Dollars to $2,000,000* (40-year annuity) just by matching the numbers.
Tropicana’s 2019 summer entertainment lineup showcases a diverse range of acts. Musical artists and comedians are set to take the stage with impressive performances at the Tropicana Showroom.
- Band on Tour - Select dates Sunday, June 30 – Friday, August 30: Band on Tour delivers a true rock show that pays tribute to some of the best rock bands of the last decades. The band will be accompanied by 6 live musicians directed by Patrick Coiteux, and will perform in a fabulous multimedia rock set up.
- Carlos Mencia - Saturday, June 1: Comedian Carlos Mencia is set to bring the laughter to Atlantic City with the notion that if you ain’t laughin’, you ain’t living.
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds - Saturday, June 8: The singer, producer and songwriter was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2017 and counts over 200 Top 10 R&B hits and 50 Top 10 Pop hits, including 16 #1 pop songs written or produced throughout his career.
- Colbie Calliat Featuring Gone West – Saturday, July 6: Gone West is a new Nashville-based band featuring two-time Grammy Award Winner Colbie Caillat, multi-platinum singer and songwriter Jason Reeves, four-time Hawaii Music Award Winner Justin Kawika Young and ACM and CMT nominated artist Nelly Joy. The newly formed band will perform their album “The Malibu Sessions.”
- Chris Isaak – Saturday, July 27: Platinum-selling and Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, Chris Isaak, along with his longtime band Silvertone have entertained audiences for over three decades.
- Michael McDonald and Chaka Khan - Saturday June, 29: Legend of Soft Rock, Michael McDonald and Queen of Funk, Chaka Kahn united for a nationwide co-headlining tour.
- Dark Star Orchestra - Friday, August 9: The critically acclaimed band does more than offer the sound of the Grateful Dead. Dark Star Orchestra recreates sets that capture the true energy and experience of a Grateful Dead concert.
- Dom Irrera - Saturday, August 10: Nominated six times for an American Comedy Award, the “King of Cable” has made a number of appearances on popular talk shows like “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” “The Late Show with David Letterman,” and “The View.”
Putting the savor in summer, bars, restaurants and eateries at Tropicana will team together on Monday, August 19 for the 12th Annual Taste of the Quarter benefiting theUnited Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) in Atlantic County. The signature foodie event creates a festive atmosphere for guests to have the opportunity to experience the exquisite flavors of Tropicana’s many dining establishments.
The flavors of Tropicana’s eateries will light up your taste buds as Saturday night fireworks by Grucci illuminate the sky. Described as “Times Square meets Boardwalk” by ABC News Philadelphia, the display will take place every Saturday at 10 p.m. beginning May 25 until September 7.
Summers spent at the Tropicana are simply better. For more information visit Tropicana.net.
*40-year annuity paid by 3rd party. Certain restrictions apply. See TROP ADVANTAGE® CENTER for complete rules and regulations.
About Tropicana Atlantic City
Tropicana Atlantic City is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring just under 2,400 hotel rooms and home of The Quarter, a 200,000-square-foot entertainment complex, Tropicana Atlantic City is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With over 25 restaurants, 25 shops, 20 bars and lounges, 4 pools, the Tropicana Showroom, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana Atlantic City was highlighted as one of the “Coolest Casinos in the World” by PopSugar. Casino Player Magazine has voted the TROP ADVANTAGE® Club as the “Best Players Club” four years in a row. In 2018, Tropicana Atlantic City’s Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck was named the “No. 2 Best Hotel Pool” in the Nation by USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards. Since 2013, Tropicana completed over $200 million in renovations, including its spectacular Multimedia Light and Sound Show, the addition of AtlantiCare LifeCenter Fitness, Garces restaurants, renovations to over 900 hotel rooms, casino and more.
Must be 21. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. For more information, visitwww.tropicana.net or:
About Eldorado Resorts, Inc.
Eldorado Resorts is a leading casino entertainment company that owns and operates twenty-eight properties in thirteen states, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In aggregate, Eldorado’s properties feature approximately 27,500 slot machines and VLTs and 800 table games, and over 12,500 hotel rooms.
Founded in 1973 in Reno, Eldorado has been dedicated to providing exceptional guest service, a dynamic gaming product, award-winning dining, exciting entertainment and premiere accommodations. Our extensive management experience and unwavering commitment to our team members, guests and shareholders have been the primary drivers of our strategic goals and success. We take pride in our reinvestment in our properties and the communities we support along with emphasizing our family-style approach in an effort to build loyalty among our team members and guests. We will continue to focus on the future growth and diversification of our company while maintaining our core values and striving for operational excellence. For more information, please visit www.eldoradoresorts.com.